Your privacy is important to us.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and only with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- In no circumstance will personal information be used for analytics, third-party tracking or marketing, or for any other purpose not directly related to the activities of Citizens of the Great Barrier Reef.
- For the majority of users personal information is collected only during the website registration process and includes:
- an email address, used to sign in to the website and for external organisation communications only. An email address will never be shared.
- a full name, used to correctly address and attribute users throughout the website and in any external communications.
- optionally a once-off, low-accuracy location (usually a city or country), used to correctly attribute users and anonymously aggregrate the contributions of users within locales around the world.
- Users may choose to identify themselves to us as a business representative for the purpose of accessing our organisation toolkit.
- A user's first name and low-accuracy location (per above, and only where provided), is used to attribute positive activity on the website and may be visible to other users of the website. This includes where a user chooses to share bespoke "sign-up" links to social media, and on the dashboard of those who have registered as a result of these links. A user's full name is never shared.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use personal information solely for fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other ancillary purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by using reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We will only retain personal information for as long as necessary for the fulfilment of those purposes.
- To request deletion of personal information, or for a copy of (or updates to) any information held, please reach out to [email protected]. A member of our team will get back to you within 24 hours.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.